Kathy Cage is the founding principal of Cage Technical Services, established in 2007.
Kathy began her training in the engineering of building structures in 1988 as a junior draftsman for Bill Jenkins of Bill Jenkins Associates in Mammoth Lakes, CA. She developed through the professional ranks with Bill to work as a staff engineer until 2007, when she started her own independent consulting firm.
With Cage Technical Services, Kathy has served architects, builders, public agencies and property owners throughout the state of California with special expertise in engineering buildings for combined high seismic and snow loads.
- CA Civil Engineering license C71195 (BORPELS)
- AZ Mechanical Engineering license 22949 (BTR)
- Certified Disaster Services Worker for State of CA Office of Emergency Services Safety Assessment Program (SAP)
- BSME, University of Akron
- Structural Engineers Association of California, Southern California (SEAOSC)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- International Code Council (ICC)
In the intervening years, Kathy had the honor of serving the community of Mammoth Lakes as a member of the Mammoth Lakes Town Council for 8 years, from 1993 to 2001, two years as Mayor.